Internet Merchant Policies and Procedures
AssentTECS is an Australian operated company and all prices displayed are in Australian Dollars.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact Leslie Mackee at (07) 3871 2539
Collection of Information
In order to use the AssentTECS website, we may require information from you in order to provide the best service possible.
All correspondence may also be collected and stored, particularly in regard to sales, support and accounts, including Email.
Any information collected by AssentTECS is collected via correspondence from you or your company. This may be via the telephone, Email, mail, fax or directly through our website.
Use of Collected Information
Any details collected from an AssentTECS customer is required in order to provide you with our products and/or services, and a high level of customer service.
Correspondence is recorded in order to provide service references, and to assist in our staff development.
Storage of Collected Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can email us at
Access to Collected Information
If you purchase a product or service from us, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. You may be required to provide contact information (such as name, Email, and postal address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date).
We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
AssentTECS uses personally identifiable information for essential communications, such as Emails, accounts information, and critical service details. We may also use this information for other purposes, including some promotional Emails. If at any time a customer wishes not to receive such correspondence, they can request to be removed from any mailing lists by emailing us at
You will be notified when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
AssentTECS may at its discretion use other third parties to provide essential services on our site or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service.
These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
AssentTECS does not share any information with third parties for any unknown or unrelated uses.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
Links on the AssentTECS site to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of www.AssentTECS.com.au
AssentTECS Security Policy
AssentTECS uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions.
eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet.
All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by AssentTECS or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by AssentTECS.
For more information about eWAY and online credit card payments, please visit www.eWAY.com.au
courses and enrolment
- After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation from eWAY containing your order details (if you have provided your email address). We will normally confirm receipt of your order within a few minutes of ordering.
Physical goods – OPD Distance education workbooks
- We will attempt to send your workbooks by Australia Post within seven working days. However, if workbooks are temporarily unavailable, delivery will take a little longer.
- If you wish to query a delivery please contact us at
Refund & Returns Policy
Face to face OPD sessions
• A full refund of registration fees is made if a course is cancelled by AssentTECS for any reason.
• In the unlikely event that AssentTECS cancels a course, celebrants will be offered the opportunity to transfer registration to another OPD session, or, to complete OPD by distance education. Where these options are not suitable, a full refund of fees will be made.
• An application for refund of course fees under any other circumstance must be made in writing to AssentTECS.
• No refund of course fees is available where cancellation is made less than five (5) business days prior to the commencement of a course. However, participants will be offered the opportunity to transfer their enrolment to another course (pending availability), or to complete OPD by distance education.
• When a celebrant nominates to transfer their enrolment to another course (less than 5 business days prior to the course), an additional catering fee will be charged.
• In all other cases, refunds are at the discretion of the Principal Consultant of AssentTECS.
• Celebrants have the opportunity to discuss any changes to their registration by contacting AssentTECS by telephone or email email@example.com
OPD by distance education – hard copy of the text book sent by post
• Once OPD textbooks have been dispatched to Australia Post, a refund is not available.
• If for any reason a celebrant is not completely satisfied with the OPD textbooks, AssentTECS offers to exchange books. However, the original set of books must be returned to AssentTECS in pristine condition.
• Should a celebrant not receive their workbooks, they are asked to email AssentTECS at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can resolve the problem. A staff member will follow up with Australia Post and if books cannot be located, new copies will be dispatched to the celebrant.
• This refund / exchange policy does not apply to goods which have been used or damaged after delivery, or if any attempt has been made to alter the product or if they have been damaged on receipt.
• All text books must be returned in their original condition. All return postage and insurance costs are to be paid by the buyer.
• We recommend that celebrants make a copy of OPD assessments before returning booklets via Registered post and that they pre pay all postage. Celebrants assume any risk of loss, theft or damage to goods during transit. Therefore, we advise celebrants to take out insurance and return books / assessments by registered post. AssentTECS will not be responsible for parcels lost or damaged in transit if you choose not to insure.
OPD by distance education – text books sent by email
• Once textbooks have been dispatched by email, a refund is not available.